Mind Power Tests

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mind Power - The Hidden Power Of Affirmations

Be ready for the richer, healthier, happier, more successful, love-filled life that you deserve, Click Here To Know More

                

 

A couple weeks ago, my husband borrowed a booked entitled "Mind Power for Children". He got really excited reading it and passed it over to me. Given that its rare that he gets excited over an English book (he normally relaxes by reading Chinese novels), I took the time to look into it.

What I found there was a skill that has not only helped me be a better parent but be a better business person. Using the technique, I was able to keep my cool even while I had two screaming preschoolers in the house. And I do mean they were screaming and holding on to my hands. In my head, I kept repeating "I am cool. I can handle this." It got to be a mantra that kept running through my mind as I dealt with the explosive situation.

Later as I reflected on what happened, I wonder what could happen if I were to affirm myself with other sayings, for instance "I exercise three times a week", "I eat lots of vegetables and fruits" or even "I am a successful network marketer."

Guess what happened?

Days later, I was exercising regularly, at least once every other day. And I was eating more healthily by choosing less fatty and oily foods but more vegetables and fruits. Plus I have a new energy and impetus to pursue my goal of being successful at the network marketing businesses that I have chosen. I find myself spending more time in a positive frame of mind rather than a negative one.

Instead constant negative statements being played over and over in my mind, I am consciously choosing to play only positive messages. Every time a negative message starts its run, I purposefully change its ending to something positive.

So the power of positive thoughts seem to be working in my life (and my children's too but that is another story!)

Want to try them out in yours?

All you have to do is think of one sentence that positively sums up want you want to happen. It should be in present tense (as in its already achieved) and specific. For example, don't say "I bathe regularly" but "I bathe everyday." Yes, I know that is a silly example but you get my idea, don't you?

Remember, what you think is really what you become.

You CAN do it!

Joanna Peck is an avid student of personal development, network and internet marketing. Visit my blog, http://www.frondscash.com Frond's Cash for more motivational resources and business ideas. Or come see how I turned spare time into money at http://theprovensuccess.com Proven Success today!

Labels: ,